Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Poll: What Kind of Monitor Do You Use?

Right now I am travelling for family reasons, so I have been working on my laptop for the past three days or so. Let me tell you: those were three painful days. I just can’t stand to work on such a small screen anymore, and my productivity was probably cut down in half.

The biggest factor for me is screen resolution. I find that with 1920×1200 or higher you are able to work with multiple windows at the same time, reducing the need to switch back and forth and increasing your productivity. That is why I am planning to get a 30” Dell by the end of the year, which has 2560×1440 resolution.

An alternative is to get dual monitors (or triple). Many people seem to prefer such a setup, but for me it didn’t work quite well. I find it a bit distracting to work with two or more monitors at the same time, almost as if my windows would be scattered (as opposed to grouped together on a single monitor).

What about you guys though, what kind of monitor setup do you use at your work/home office? Feel free to drop a comment to expand on your answer to the poll.


What Monitor Do You Use? (Poll Closed)
Total Votes: 184



Related Articles by Categories


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories